The days are getting shorter, it’s getting colder and Miss Rona wants us to stay at home again. In this time it’s important to look after ourselves and our loved ones. Add some self-love to your daily routine by cooking your favourite meal, take a bath with some candles or just cuddle up watching your favourite childhood movie! We have found the perfect attire & essentials for all of those occasions!
First of all: Loungewear. Especially after a long day of working, switching into your most cozy sweater is the first step to leave your busy day behind. Our tipp for all of you working from home: dress yourself for the working part of the day like you would as if you’d go working in a regular office (but still keep it comfy of course!) and when you’re done, treat yourself by putting on your favourite set of loungewear. That’s a way to split work and your private life, even though you are at the same place the whole day!
For making your surroundings feel calm and relaxing, add some of our favourite finds.
While taking a bath or cooking you can listen to some interesting podcast or read a book 30-minutes before going to bed to fully relax.
Podcasts (available on Spotify and Apple Podcasts)
- Deliciously Ella. Known for her delicious cookbooks and vegan lifestyle. In her podcast she talks about physical and mental health, building a business and work-life-balance. Ella brings positivity into all of those heavy and sometimes difficult topics. (Language: English)
- How To Fail. “How To Fail With Elizabeth Day is a podcast that celebrates the things that haven’t gone right. Every week, a new interviewee explores what their failures taught them about how to succeed better.” Elizabeth Day (Language: English)
- NZZ Akzent. 10-minute long episodes about current events answering interesting questions. (Language: German)
- Echo der Zeit. Daily episodes that update you about current events with interesting reports, interviews and analysis. (Language: German)
- Anything Goes with Emma Chamberlain. Conversations, thoughts and advice on relationships and dealing with failure. Serious topics but also entertaining. (Language: English)
- Hanging with the Hembrows. Entertaining podcast with the famous Australian sister trio about their private life, their public life on instagram and intimate topics. (Language: English)
Self-Care, Relaxation, Guide
The little book that helps you to take care of you.
Everyday Self-Care available on UO.
Notes to Self by Emilie Pine
Available on UO
Eat Better Not Less by Nadia Damaso
Science, History, Philosophy
Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Y. N. Harari
Science, Psychology and Economics
Factfulness by Hans Rosling.