Summer is already around the corner. And because we very much look forward to the warm and sunny days, we’ve already filled our shopping charts with some pieces of the upcoming trends.
This summer’s trends are all about fresh colours, light textiles and eye-catching accessories. Plus the spring to summer transition is not so harsh because this year’s spring trends are easy to combine with new pieces. However, we still want to freshen up our wardrobe for the summer season. So, we’ve put together 7 trends to spicen up your summer wardrobe.
1. Pastel colours
Pastel is the new neon. The soft shades are easy to combine with neutrals, easy to dress up or down and freshen up any outfit. And best of all, pastel colours are available in many different sorts of clothing. Which means you can fully dress pastel or just add a little pop of colour, for example a lilac hair band or scarf to a complete a white or black outfit.
- Suited lilac blazer
- Oversized lilac or yellow button up shirt
- Asymmetric lilac tank top
- Jacquemus yellow bralette
- Tie dye oversized sweatshirt for colder nights
- Mint green square top
- Linen mint green blazer
- Baby pink boyfriend hoodie
- Lilac mini skirt just like the one in the picture
- Satin green midi skirt
- Alo Yoga light rose leggings
- Lavender cotton jearsey sweatpants
- Light mint biker shorts
- Asics multicolour running shoes
- Pink cotton jersey sweatpants
- Lilac wide linen pants
- Tailored lilac trousers
- New Balance light yellow and pink trainers
- Chunky lilac hairband
- Lilac knot headband
- Pastel scrunchies
- Croco mint leather belt
- Multicoloured scarf
- Marble, pastel phone case
- Matte pastel coloured iPhone cases
- Tiny Jacquemus yellow and rose hand bag
- Or a pastel face mask for the perfect finish
Bottega Veneta definitely started a trend with its famous black mule. Of course many brands followed its trend and therefore we found some really affordable pieces. The heeled sandal gives any outfit an effortless feel and can be styled different ways. For example, an outfit that you normally dress with a pair of white sneakers can simply be dressed up with a pair of leather mules.
- Cream leather mules with black details
- Square toe sandals
- White strap sandals
- Pastel yellow velour mules
- Yellow heeled sandal
- Shell detailed low sandal
- White square toe sandal
- Faux snake skin mules
- Bold strap sandal with toe detail
- Robert Festa leather mules
- Low heeled sandal
- Tony Bianco leather sandals
- High heeled leather mule
3. Jewellery from Nature
We really love this trend which already began last summer: natural jewellery such as stones, pearls and shells. Whether it’s a bold shell necklace or an elegant pearl earring, there are no limits. The trend suits many different outfits and can be worn as a ‘let’s go to the beach’ look or a polished date outfit. The light tones of the shells and pearls look especially luxurious with an all black or monochrome outfit. It’s an total eye-catcher! Here are some of our favourite pieces:
- Gold pearl earring
- Silver and gold shell hoops
- Gold pearl pendant hoops
- Stone earrings
- Horn drop earrings
- Shell choker
- Another shell choker
- Freshwater pearl necklace
- Colourful shell necklace
- Sunglass-chain with freshwater pearls
- Chunky pearl necklace
- Pendant shell necklace
- Shell bracelet
- Mix & match cuff
- Playful shell bracelet
- Clustered shell bracelet
- Colourful shell bracelet
4. Puff-sleeve Dresses
The girly dress with puffy sleeves is the perfect dress for summer season. It’s breezy and accentuates your decolté beautifully. Plus it takes no effort, just throw on your dress, add some gold jewellery, some pair of sunglasses, comfy flats and you are ready to go. Of course, the puffy sleeve dress is available in many colours and patterns (especially florals), and pastel colours too (obviously). It can be worn on so many occasions and it gives you the perfect romantic vibe to every outfit.
- Black and white checked dress
- Similar voluminous checked long dress
- Gianni polka dot dress
- Similar polka dot dress, just like Vivian
- Green floral long dress
- Baby blue mini dress
- Similar blue mini dress
- Black long dress
- Red cotton dress
- Voluminous white babydoll dress
- Beige wrap dress
5. Squared Sunglasses
Of course, sunglasses are A MUST every summer, or for us, all year around. But this summer it’s all about big, edgy and squared sunglasses. The bigger the better. It gives every look a chic and effortless touch and best of all: it hides those baggy eyes perfectly.
Here are some of our favourites:
- Brown framed ones with tortoiseshell
- Those retro beige framed sunnies
- Some dark edgy ones
- Rectangular black sunglasses with retro vibes
- Black cat-eye glasses
- Very cool black Balenciaga sunglasses
- Or those classic brown Celine glasses
6. Cropped Cardigans
You can’t oversee the latest trend: cardigans. And not just the big chunky knit cardigan, but also the thin little cropped cardigan. It’s a perfect piece to style with your shorts, skirts and highwaisted jeans. It’s also a super transitional trend, as it is available with long and short sleeves. And you guessed it, especially the pastel coloured ones, like this mint one from Acne Studios. There are also some more affordable ones:
For the ones that prefer more neutral coloured, we’ve got you covered:
- This white one with silver details for a chic look.
- Perfect cream coloured cardigan for a more simple look.
- A cute knitted cardigan for colder nights.
- Or the simple black one for every occasion.
7. The Simple Bikini
No surprise but bikinis are definitely a summer essential! We found some elegant bikini sets you can style with your favourite jewellery – because bikinis are no longer just a practical piece of clothing.
You can never go wrong with a basic black or white bikini, just as Marie is wearing on the picture. Or both! We love this checked bikini from solid & striped. And here is a similar one that you can even wear different ways.
To sum it all up, here is a sun-coloured / pastel bikini.
So, we hope you enjoy your summer at home. Let’s enjoy little dinner parties, walks outside and long sunny days (don’t forget to put on sunscreen to stay protected and glowy)!